Using the module
The module is extremely easy to use:
- It's interactive
- No complex flags to pass to the cli
- Adapt to its environment
All the following demonstrations will be made using cmder on Windows 10
Creating a new project folder
After the installation of the module using the
npm command, a new command is registered inside your terminal:
Try it now by yourself:
- Open your preferred command prompt tool (e.g. run CMD on Windows)
efcand press enter
- A menu will open up where you can press up and down to select an option. Select Create a New Project and press
- Type your project's name and press
ENTERto create it's folder
- use git: If true, this option will generate a standard .gitignore file that excludes common folders from the electron project
- include standalone preview tool: The standlaone preview is an executable that allow you to preview your electron project without using the cli (since Construct 2 or Steam only accepts .exe files)
After you're done, a new folder will be created with some basic files. You can go directly to it by typing
cd and the folder name.
Previewing a Construct project
To preview a Construct project, you can use the
efc preview command.
Under Contruct 2, start a regular preview then paste the link inside the cli.
Under Construct 3, you need to use the remote preview url. (Found under the preview menu).
Tip from the official documentation
" The game is no longer available from the provided URL as soon as you close the Remote Preview dialog. You can open the Remote Preview dialog to its own window to help keep it out of the way, by right-clicking on its caption and selecting Open to popup window. "